Artlandia SymmetryShop and SymmetryWorks are plug-in tools (extensions) for Adobe's PhotoShop and Illustrator programs that allows users to access additional features needed in some Lehigh courses.
The software can be installed from the 'Managed Software Center' on LTS-supported iMacs in Building C.
Follow the steps below to install and activate the software for use:
1) Obtain the SymmetryWorks or SymmetryShop Serial Number for your workstation from your professor or the department administrator. (Note the letters on the stands)
3) On the Mac where you intend to use the software, open the Finder by clicking the icon on the dock, and navigate to the Applications directory.
4) In the Applications directory, scroll down, and Double-click to open the 'Managed Software Center', and in that window, locate the 'SymmetryShop' icon (or SymmetryWorks, for Illustrator), and click the 'Install' button beside it. Wait a few moments for the software to get installed. Note that if it says 'Remove' instead of 'Install' this step is already done, and you can proceed to step 5.
5) When the installation completes (spinner disappears), the button that you clicked will change to say 'Remove'. Close the 'Managed Software Center', and the Applications window, and click the icon on the dock to open Adobe PhotoShop (or Adobe Illustrator).
6) Under the Window Menu in PhotoShop or Illustrator, find and click the 'SymmetryShop' (or SymmetryWorks) command under the Extensions menu. The SymmetryShop (or ...Works) window will appear.
7) Click the 'Register' button in the SymmetryShop (or SymmetryWorks) panel, and the Registration Screen will appear. On that screen, click on the 'Enter' button in the 'Register Offline' section. This will bring up the Registration Panel. Here, enter the SymmetryWorks or SymmetryShop Serial Number for this computer in the indicated text box as received from your professor, and click 'Register'. The software should now be fully ready to use.