Some Lehigh University systems are protected by our Internet firewall, and require you to use our VPN (Virtual Private Network) software to gain access from off-campus. Lehigh uses Cisco's AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to provide this service, which creates a secure tunnel through the Internet into Lehigh's network.
Basic Installation of VPN Client:
- First, you'll need to download and install the VPN client software onto your computer, phone or other device. Follow the installation instructions for your device.
- Software for desktop and laptop computers can be downloaded from our from the VPN server itself at vpn.lehigh.edu.
- For Android, search for 'Cisco Anyconnect' in the Google Play store.
- For iOS (iPhone, iPad), search for 'Cisco Anyconnect' in the Apple App Store.
- Second, in all cases, you'll need to configure that software to connect to vpn.lehigh.edu.
- On starting a connection, the software will ask for your Lehigh username and password, and present an option for "GeneralAccess" or "LibraryResources".
- GeneralAccess routes only network traffic destined for Lehigh through the VPN tunnel. It's more efficient, and should be the default option.
- LibraryResources routes all of your network traffic through the VPN to Lehigh's campus network. This option is needed for connections to some Lehigh Library services that require it, or if you're on an un-secured wireless network, and want to encrypt all of your traffic.
Once you make the connection, you should be able to visit any Lehigh websites and systems that normally require you to be on-campus to access them.