NOTE: These directions are tailored for a scenario in which a student post video responses to multiple forums or activities in course site.
You will be recording video responses to discussion forums on Course Site using the application Panopto, which is licensed by Lehigh. Please follow the instructions below to create a space on the Panopto server to which you can save all your videos for multiple discussion forums that you can then post to Course Site for your professor and classmates to view. You will need to have opened your Lehigh computing account to use both Course Site and Panopto. You will only need to create this folder once.
- Go to http://go.lehigh.edu/panopto.
- Be sure that 'Course Site (Lehigh login)' is selected from the pull-down menu and click the 'Sign in' button.
- Click the 'Login with Lehigh account' button.
- Enter your username and password and click the 'Login' button.
- You are now on the Panopto server.
- Click 'My Folder' in the pane on the left. Your 'My Folder' will likely have no stored video.
- Click the 'Create' button in the header along the top of the page.
- Click 'New Folder' from the bottom of the list.
- You are now in the settings window for 'Create Folder.'
- Enter a name for your folder.
- Check that the parent folder is 'My Folder.'
- DO NOT check the box to 'Inherit permissions from parent folder.'
- Click 'Create Folder.'
- The permissions window for your new folder will open.
- Check that 'Share' is selected from the tabs on the right.
- Under the heading 'Who has access' select 'Anyone at your organization with the link' from the pull-down menu.
- Make sure that 'Can view' is selected from the pull-down menu.
- Click 'Save Changes.'
- Click the 'X' in the upper-right corner to close the window.
- You will now be on your Panopto homepage. The name of the folder you've created will be displayed and you should see that this new folder is a subfolder to 'My Folder.' This new folder you've created is where you will save video you record for your course.