The One Button Studio is a video recording studio where an individual can reserve time and create high-quality video recordings by simply bringing a USB flash drive and pressing a button to start/stop recording. The studio does not require users to have prior video, audio, or lighting knowledge as all of those components have been automated and pre-set for ease-of-use.
The Lightboard Studio also utilizes the One Button Studio video recording technology but, in addition, includes a Lightboard. The Lightboard is a glass "chalkboard" pumped full of light. It allows you to face your viewers while teaching or presenting written content. The writing glows in front of you.
Currently, you can find the One Button Studio and Lightboard Studio in the EWFM Library, in Room 519A of the south wing.
The studio can be used in a number of way for many reasons:
- Creating videos for online instruction or to supplement classroom instruction
- Rehearsing for presentations, speeches, or thesis and dissertation defenses
- Creating videos for training or professional development
- Creating ePortfolio materials
- Practicing your public speaking skills or for ESL study
- Using the green screen to create videos with professional visuals
- Recording interviews or podcast
Basic Instructions for Recording
Using the Studio
Watch the videos below for an overview of using Lehigh's One Button Studio.
One Button Studio @ Lehigh: Basic Recording
One Button Studio @ Lehigh: Presentation and Green Screen
Reserving the One Button Studio
In order to use the studio, you must book book a time in advance. To reserve studio time, please use the scheduler at https://go.lehigh.edu/roomreservation.
The studio is available for use M-F between 8am -5pm. Studio time may be reserved in 1 hour slots. Due to space limitations, groups should consist of no more than 5 people at the same time.
After reserving your time, proceed to the circulation desk at the main level of EWFM Library where you will check out the key to the studio (you will need your Lehigh ID). You can also borrow a slide advancer and USB drive if needed. When you are done recording your videos, be sure to leave the studio exactly as you found it before returning the key back to the circulation desk.
Studio rules and expectations
- DO NOT move any of the equipment, especially the camera, lights or microphone as all the equipment has been configured for optimal performance in all scenarios within the space. The microphone, especially, is a highly-sensitive microphone that MUST remain at a distance to prevent sound distortion.
- DO NOT attempt to adjust the backdrop. Should you suspect there is a problem, please contact the Instructional Technology team.
Make sure you stand on the "X" so you can be recorded in the best scenario and not in the way of the projected image if you are using that feature.
If using the projector, turn on/off with the remote only. Do not adjust any settings.
Turn on/off all appropriate studio lights using switch at door before recording
If using the green screen technology, turn off at switch when finished.
Turn off all lights at door when finished in room.
Always leave the studio exactly as you found it before returning the key to the circulation desk.