Studio Rules and Expectations
- DO NOT move any of the equipment, especially the camera, lights or microphone as all the equipment has been configured for optimal performance in all scenarios within the space. The microphone, especially, is a highly-sensitive microphone that MUST remain at a distance to prevent sound distortion.
- DO NOT attempt to adjust the backdrop. Should you suspect there is a problem, please contact the Instructional Technology team.
Make sure you stand on the "X" so you can be recorded in the best scenario and not in the way of the projected image if you are using that feature.
If using the projector, turn on/off with the remote only. Do not adjust any settings.
Turn on/off all appropriate studio lights using switch at door before recording
If using the green screen technology, turn off at switch when finished.
Turn off all lights at door when finished in room.
Always leave the studio exactly as you found it before returning the key to the circulation desk.
One Button Studio Recording Best Practices
- Stand on the “X” in front of screen for proper positioning.
- If using the green screen, avoid wearing clothing with any green in it. If you have accidentally worn green to a recording session, you can switch to a blue screen by flipping the switch on the chromakey box in the opposite direction.
- Don’t be afraid to practice and play back your presentation.
- Have all resources/props (script, chair, slide advancer, etc) ready and arranged in advance.
- When using the projector, use a wireless slide advancer (available for check out at circulation desk)
Lightboard Studio Recording Best Practices
Wear light colored clothing/avoid patterns ( don't wear anything with letters, as they will be reversed in the video)
Plan to record 5-10 min videos
Clean glass after each video (don't waste time erasing on camera)
Plan what you will WRITE ahead of time (keep in mind the limited "real estate" of the glass, etc)
If using the projector with the Lightboard, use only a black background for graphics. Keep text in slides to a minimum.