The One Button Studio is a video recording studio where an individual can reserve time and create high-quality video recordings by simply bringing a USB flash drive and pressing a button to start/stop recording. The studio does not require users to have prior video, audio, or lighting knowledge as all of those components have been automated and pre-set for ease-of-use.
The One Button Studio with Lightboard also utilizes the One Button Studio video recording technology but, in addition, includes a Lightboard. The Lightboard is a glass "chalkboard" pumped full of light. It allows you to face your viewers while teaching or presenting written content. The writing glows in front of you.
Currently, you can find the One Button Studio and One Button Studio with Lightboard in the EWFM Library, in Room 522A of the south wing.
The studio can be used in a number of way for many reasons:
- Creating videos for online instruction or to supplement classroom instruction
- Rehearsing for presentations, speeches, or thesis and dissertation defenses
- Creating videos for training or professional development
- Creating ePortfolio materials
- Practicing your public speaking skills or for ESL study
- Using the green screen to create videos with professional visuals
- Recording interviews or podcast
Basic Instructions for Recording
- Insert your flash drive (must be FAT32 format and have at least 1 GB free space) into the USB hub. This will turn on the studio lights and the video preview window will appear.
- When you are ready to record, press the large silver button. You will have a 5 second countdown to position yourself in front of the camera before recording officially begins.
- When you are finished, press the button again to stop recording. Wait a few moments for your file to be written to your flash drive.
- You may now remove your flash drive from the USB hub. The studio lights will turn off and the One Button Studio software will reset. Your recording is saved to your flash drive as an .mp4 file.
Reserving the One Button Studio
The studio is available for use M-F between 8am - 9pm (please note, there is no support staff available for the studio after 5pm). Studio time may be reserved in 1 hour slots. Due to space limitations, groups should consist of no more than 5 people at the same time. Please DO NOT move or change the set-up of one button studio. If you need help while recording in the studio, email firstname.lastname@example.org - If during normal business hours, a technology consultant will come to help ASAP.
The studio is available for use M-F between 8am - 9pm (please note, there is no support staff available for the studio after 5pm). Studio time may be reserved in 1 hour slots. Due to space limitations, groups should consist of no more than 5 people at the same time. Please DO NOT move or change the set-up of one button studio. If you need help while recording in the studio, email email@example.com - we will come help ASAP.
After reserving your time, proceed to the circulation desk at the main level of EWFM Library where you will check out the key to the studio (you will need your Lehigh ID and a fat 32 formatted flash drive with at least 1 GB free space). You can also borrow a slide advancer and USB drive if needed. When you are done recording your videos, be sure to leave the studio exactly as you found it before returning the key back to the circulation desk.