In addition to tools and software, the Data Visualization and XR Learning Lab, located in EWFM Rm 370d, is available for class-wide, small group, and individual exploration of XR. Please contact your IT Consultant for prior consultation and reservations.
The following is a sample of some of the VR equipment and related technology and resources available at the lab and/or through the CITL:
- A set of Meta (Oculus) Quest 2 standalone VR headsets
- HTC Vive(s) (PC driven VR systems)
- Various hardware for testing and development such as Microsoft Hololens (Gen1) for AR, LeapMotion, sets of Google Cardboard, MacBook Pro for mobile LIDAR 3D scanning, etc.
- High powered PC's with access to Unity, Unreal Engine, 3D modeling tools, and other software for developers
- 360 cameras for immersive video and still capture
- Drones for video capture (see the Digital Media Studio for more info)
The lab is also home to a curated library of academically relevant and instructor requested VR and immersive experiences. The majority of these experiences are available either for the HTC Vive (utilizing both the Steam and Viveport platforms) and the Meta (Oculus) Quest 2. For a current list of titles, see our VR Experience Catalog.