In order to access many University computer systems from off campus, you'll need to connect to them over the internet through our VPN (Virtual Private Network). The VPN server acts as a gatekeeper, granting access only to Lehigh users, and requires the use of a specific piece of client software: Cisco's AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, which creates a secure tunnel through the Internet into Lehigh's network.
Also note that VPN access requires Duo Two-Factor Authentication, like many Lehigh systems.
Follow the installation instructions for your device:
The installation only has to be done once (aside from occasional updates to the software, which are automated). Connections are temporary, and generally need to be re-made each time you reboot your machine. Once you make the connection, you should be able to connect to any Lehigh websites or systems that normally require you to be on-campus to access them, including connecting to LAN storage drives (H:, I:, R:, J:), printers, or other systems based on the Lehigh LAN.
- Introduction to VPNs
- VPN Access Method Guide
- Windows, Mac, Linux: Download and Configure the VPN client (Cisco AnyConnect)
- iOS: Install and Configure the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Android: Install and Configure the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
- Windows: Set up and Test Cisco VPN's Start Before Logon (SBL) Feature
- COVID-19 and the Lehigh VPN
- VPN Troubleshooting FAQ