The LUapps Virtual Desktop Computer, also referred to as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) gives students, faculty, and staff a remote computing experience similar to their on-campus computers.
Currently available Virtual Desktops:
- Faculty-Staff Virtual Desktop: This includes access to H: drive, J: Drive, I: Drive, Argos, and Banner-related functions.
- LTS Virtual Computer Lab: This includes access to all standard software available at the public computing sites, such as Microsoft Office, Matlab, SAS, and more.
- LTS Virtual ME-CAD Workstation: This includes access to everything included in the LTS Virtual Computer Lab, with the addition of CAD software
NOTE for Desktop Finance Users: Please note the latest version of Desktop Finance in the folder J:\banner\DesktopFinance\ and as of 3/18/2020 it is named Desktop_Finance_dmrt_031220.accdb. Copy this file from the J: Drive to your VDI Faculty-Staff Virtual Desktop. Remember to do the refresh your fund balances step in Desktop Finance after you copy the new version to your computer.
To access a virtual desktop computer, follow the instructions below.
- Connect to the Lehigh VPN by following the instructions at https://lts.lehigh.edu/services/vpn
- Download and install the Citrix Workspace software at
- Find the icon for Citrix Workspace in your Windows Start Menu or Mac Applications and launch the program
- In the Add Account screen, enter this server address: LUapps.lehigh.edu Note: This will not work unless you have already connected to the VPN as specified in Step 1
- Upon logging in, note the brown bar going across the top of the window. Click on the “Desktops” icon
- Click the icon for the Virtual Computer you would like to use to start your session.
- You may now use the Virtual Desktop Computer.
Warning! - Save data only to H: drive or I: drive. Locally stored data will not be saved!