In order to connect to the Lehigh network, and many of the resources on it from an off-campus computer, users need to install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client. This software encrypts your device's network traffic, and allows it to pass through a 'tunnel' over the internet, and onto the Lehigh network, allowing a remote device to function as if it were on campus.
The steps below describe the process of downloading and installing the software onto 'desktop' computer operating systems -- they're the the same for Windows and Mac.
2. In the resulting window, click 'Download for <your OS>' button. An installation program will be downloaded for you to run.
3. Click "Instructions" and scroll down to display additional help for running the installation program.
4. Once your installation program has finished, find and run Cisco AnyConnect. In the window, type 'vpn.lehigh.edu', and click 'Connect'.
5. Two windows will open, but one may be hard to see. One is the Lehigh Single-SignOn (SSO) window, and the other is a 'Cisco AnyConnect' window for the VPN.
First, click on the 'Cisco AnyConnect' window, and make sure you've got the correct 'Group' selected on the 'Group' pull-down.
Set it to 'Library/International' only if you're connecting to a Library Database or are using an unsecured public wifi connection.
Leave the default 'General Access' for any other situation.
Second, enter your Lehigh username and password into the SSO window, and click 'Login'
6. The Cisco AnyConnect client will show an icon with a lock, indicating a secure connection to the Lehigh LAN.