In order to access most many University computer systems from off campus, you'll need to connect to them over the internet through our VPN (Virtual Private Network). The VPN server acts as a gatekeeper, granting access only to Lehigh users. The system , and requires the use of a specific piece of client software: Cisco's AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, which creates a secure tunnel through the Internet into Lehigh's network.
Go to https://lts.lehigh.edu/services/vpn for detailed instructions for your device.
- First, you'll need to download, install and install configure the VPN client software onto your device (computer, tablet, phone). Follow the installation instructions for your device:
- Desktop and laptop computers can download the software directly from the VPN server itself at vpn.lehigh.edu.
- For Android phones and tablets, search for 'Cisco AnyConnect' in the Google Play store.
- For iOS (iPhone, iPad), search for 'Cisco Anyconnect' in the Apple App Store.
- On starting a connection, the software will ask for your Lehigh username and password, a Two-factor Authentication Prompt, and present an option for "GeneralAccess" or "LibraryResources". Set your 'Group' option first as follows:
- GeneralAccess routes only network traffic destined for Lehigh through the VPN tunnel. It's more efficient, and should be the default option.
- LibraryResources routes all of your network traffic through the VPN to Lehigh's campus network. This option is needed for connections to some Lehigh Library database services that require it, or if you're on an un-secured wireless network, and want to encrypt all of your traffic.
- With the group set as desired, go ahead and log in with your Lehigh username and password, and supply your second factor as usual.
Once you make the connection, you should be able to connect to visit any Lehigh websites and or systems that normally require you to be on-campus to access them.