- First, you'll need to download, install and configure the VPN client software onto your device (computer, tablet, phone). Follow the installation instructions for your device:
- On starting a connection, the software will:
- ask for your Lehigh username and password, a Two-factor Authentication Prompt, and
- present an option for "GeneralAccess" or "LibraryResources".
- (be sure the window isn't obscured) Set your 'Group' option first as follows:
- GeneralAccess routes only network traffic destined for Lehigh through the VPN tunnel. It's more efficient, and should be the default option.
- LibraryResources routes all of your network traffic through the VPN to Lehigh's campus network. This option is needed for connections to some Lehigh Library database services that require it, or if you're on an un-secured wireless network, and want to encrypt all of your traffic.
- With the group Group set as desired, go ahead and log in with your Lehigh username and password, and supply your second factor as usual.