- TLT 403, Introduction to Instructional Design - online course, so most of the material is behind a login in CourseSite.
- TLT 431, Social Studies in Middle Level and High School Education...course page.
- TLT 444 & SpEd/TLT 442 (intern teaching seminar)
- CINQ 388
- Bodzin, A., Hammond, T., Fu, Q., & Farina, W. (In press). Development of instruments to assess students’ Spatial Learning Attitudes (SLA) and interest in Science, Technology and Geospatial Technology (STEM-GEO). International Journal of Educational Methodology, 6(1), 67-81.
- TLT 402, Critical Reading and Writing (doctoral seminar).
- Hammond, T.C., Bodzin, A.M., & Salter S. (2019, November). Geography and Civic Inquiry: Spatial Analysis of the Built Environment. Presented as a session at the annual conference of the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS), Austin, TX. (slides)
- Hammond, T.C., & Manfra, M.M. (2019, November). Computational Thinking and Inquiry-Based Education in the Social Studies. Research Into Practice session presented at the annual conference of the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS), Austin, TX. (slides)
- Hammond, T.C., Bodzin, A.M., & Salter, S. (2019, November). Tools for Geographic Inquiry: Data to Map to Story. Workshop presented at the annual conference of the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS), Austin, TX. (webpage, slides)
- Hammond, T.C., Salter, S., & Bodzin, A. (2019, November). From STEM Education to Civic Engagement: Localized Geographic Inquiry Taking Students Beyond the Classroom. Presented as a paper at the annual meeting of the College and University Faculty of the National Council for the Social Studies (CUFA-NCSS), Austin, TX. (slides)
- Hammond, T.C., Oltman, J.L., & Manfra, M.M. (2019, November). Geo-Computational Thinking in the Third Grade: Making Computational Thinking Truly “For Everyone, Everywhere”. Paper presented at 27th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems Workshop on Geo-Computational Thinking in Education (GeoEd 2019), Chicago, IL. (slides, paper. proceeding)
- Hammond, T.C., Davis, T.D., Bonilla, H., Little, K., & Salter, S. (October, 2019). Put to the Test: Act 35 and the Future of Civic Education in Pennsylvania. Presentation at the annual conference of the Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies (PCSS), Harrisburg, PA. (slides)
Hammond, T.C., Oltman, J., & Manfra, M.M. (2019). Computational thinking and social studies teacher education: What, why, and how. In S. Keengwe (Ed.), Handbook of research on integrating computer science and computational thinking in K-12 education (pp. 1-16). Hershey, PA: IGI.
Hammond, T.C., & Oltman, J. (2019). Bridging STEM and the civic mission of social studies: Integrating spatial reasoning & computational thinking into decision-focused secondary social studies instruction. In D. Gibson & M. Ochoa (Eds.), Research highlights in technology and teacher education 2019 (pp. 127-132). Waynesville, NC: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education.