Selected social media for classroom use: Flickr
What is Flickr?
- Photo-sharing – e.g., my wife's account.
- Add titles, captions, notes, comments, tags, geo-location, etc.
- Form groups, pools, maps, sets of favorites, etc. For example: Map created by Islam group's photo pool (cited earlier)
- This is the raw material of cultural geography
- Ability to locate items of historical / cultural / economic interest
- Special-interest groups can be useful. Example: Looking into the Past. Where else can you find such combinations of primary sources? Primary sources in context?
Again: Can you imagine using this resource with your students in some way?
(Warning: Some school districts block all flickr URLs – why?)