- Subject area
- Years of experience at this level
- Me: Meeting teachers' expectations for useful training – e.g.,
- A preference for receiving professional development in the form of in-district workshops with teams of teachers or on-line modules.
- A preference for receiving professional development activities related to instructional skills and classroom management.
- A preference for receiving professional development activities related to classroom management among first year teachers.
- For instructional skills, specific areas receiving the highest interest ratings included:
- Promote critical thinking
- Motivate students to learn
- Design or implement a challenging curriculum, including problem solving techniques
- NASD: Engaging students as they
- Think like a historian
- Write in the content areas
- Use technology to study curricular content