This procedure installs the Citrix client (Receiver or Workspace) in macOS which allows users to run the programs shown in the LUapps storefront.
To make the connection, you must be connected to the Lehigh network, either directly or via the ‘VPN’.
The programs run in a virtualized environment, and are not themselves installed on the client Mac. The virtualized environment provided by the client makes saving files a bit more complex than on one's own machine. See 'Open and Save Files in the Citrix Environment (LUapps)’.
If the Citrix Receiver client is not currently installed on your system, you'll see a page asking to install it.
Expert tip: If the download does not start after a few tries you can download the client directly from Citrix at https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/ – you can also find earlier versions here.
2. Put a check in the box beside 'I agree with the Citrix license agreement' and click 'Install'.
3. A disk image file (.dmg) containing the installer will be saved to your Downloads folder. Type 'Command-Q' to close Safari, and then double-click on the disk image file to open it.
4. Opening the disk image reveals icons for installing and un-installing the Citrix client. Double-click 'Install Citrix Receiver'. (Or 'Workspace')
5. Follow these steps to complete the installation:
- Click 'Continue' to determine whether the software can be installed,
- Click 'Continue' to start the installer,
- Click 'Agree' to agree to the license agreement,
- And when asked, _skip_ adding an account, and click 'Continue' again to actually run the installer.
6. When the installer finishes successfully, open Safari again, and navigate again to luapps.lehigh.edu. When asked, choose to 'Trust' the receiver.
7. Log in with your Lehigh username and password at the LUapps login screen.
8. Once logged in, you should see the LUApps storefront, like this. To learn more about using apps from the LUApps system, see 'Opening and Saving Files in LUApps'