Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing and recording tool. Zoom combines video conferencing, online meetings, and mobile collaboration into one platform.
Lehigh's instance of Zoom can be accessed by going to https://lehigh.zoom.us, clicking the "Sign In" link in the top right of the screen, and then logging into Lehigh's SSO page using your regular Lehigh credentials.
By default, everyone who logs into https://lehigh.zoom.us is provisioned for a 'Basic' account. This means that you can create meetings that last up to 40 minutes. 'Pro' accounts allow clients to record meetings and save them to the cloud and host meetings longer than 40 minutes.
To check if you have a 'Basic' or a 'Pro' Zoom account, go to https://lehigh.zoom.us and click 'Sign In' in the upper-right. Login using SSO and your Lehigh credentials. Once you are on your profile page, check the 'User Type' field:
If you have a 'Basic' account and are interested in a 'Pro' license, please contact the IT team at email@example.com
To join a scheduled meeting:
- You can click on the URL link that is in the description section of the calendar invitation or calendar reminder.
- You can copy the URL link and paste it into your browser's address bar
- Or you can start the meeting from your Zoom client directly. Click on Join and then enter your scheduled meeting ID to start the meeting (The meeting ID is the 9-digit number at the end of the URL link.)
To start a scheduled meeting:
- Log into your Zoom account via https://lehigh.zoom.us, find the scheduled meeting by going to "Meetings" and looking on the "Upcoming Meetings" tab. Click Start.
You can also choose to click the URL link from your calendar reminder or copy and paste it into your browser's address bar. Be sure you are using the host link and NOT the invite link in order to have full functionality as a meeting host.
To Schedule and host a meeting from Course Site:
You can schedule a meeting for your class from Course Site. Click here for more information.
Schedule and host a meeting:
- Log into your Zoom account via https://lehigh.zoom.us, find the "Personal Meeting ID", copy and paste the URL listed, and share with participants to host an impromptu meeting.
- Log into your Zoom account via https://lehigh.zoom.us, find the scheduled meeting by going to "Meetings" and click on "Schedule a New Meeting" button. Complete form as required and save. Add to your calendar and copy the invitation. Send email invitation to participants. When ready for host your meeting, log into Zoom app.
For more information on "How Do I Start Or Join A Scheduled Meeting As The Host?" https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362423-
PLEASE NOTE: When joining the meeting as a host, be sure you are using the Zoom App and NOT the invite link in order to have full functionality as a meeting host.
Troubleshooting – Your Participants see an option to "Claim Host":
Zoom does not require a Zoom account to Join a meeting. If you join a meeting using an email or a calendar invite link, you or your participants will be able to join the Zoom meeting anonymously. If you are hosting the meeting, you should NEVER use the email or calendar invite link. To host the meeting you must log into Zoom either by using the Zoom application or via https://lehigh.zoom.us.
When a user is joining a meeting, if they are NOT the host (the person who created the meeting), they will be seen as an Attendee/participant. However, the original host can designate another alternative host when setting up, if they will be unable to start the meeting. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Alternative-Host
To claim host, the original creator of the meeting will need to join and sign-in with their Zoom account, so that Zoom recognizes that they are the host. Alternatively, the host key can be inputted to claim host.
Recording a meeting with a Zoom Pro Account:
- While hosting a Zoom Meeting move your mouse around the screen to toggle the menu bar, Select "record".
- Select record to the cloud.
You and your participants will be notified by the indicator in the upper left corner that the meeting is being recorded.
Please note: Your recordings will be stored for a maximum of 120 days and then automatically deleted. If you would like to save your recording for personal use, you can download from the "my recordings" page in Zoom and store on your google drive. If you would like to save your recording for future academic uses, please contact your IT consultant about transferring your recording to ensemble.
Share your Screen with a Zoom Pro Account:
- While hosting a Zoom Meeting move your mouse around the screen to toggle the menu bar, Select "Share Screen".
- Select the device you would like to share, in most cases, this will be your "Desktop".
- To stop sharing, Select "Stop Share" on the menu bar.
Here are just a few examples of what you can share: you can to share multiple windows, you can annotate your screen, you can allow others to control the screen, and you can view a video together. See the following for more details on all options.
Video Breakout rooms with a Zoom Pro Account:
You can create separate break out sessions in Zoom in order to hold live collaborative experiences and lead group activities while in a zoom meeting.
Please note: Contact your IT consultant to make sure your zoom account is configured to accommodate breakout rooms and for more information on how to use.
Full list of help articles for how to use Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us