Site Creation Tools
No HTML/web coding needed
- WordPress: LTS partners with CampusPress to provide access to WordPress for faculty, staff and students at wordpress.lehigh.edu for code-free website creation. Use this secure, LTS-managed WordPress site for personal blogs, projects, CVs, and also for group collaborations.
- Google Sites: Lehigh's G Suite subscription includes Google Sites, a quick, code-free tool for building websites from templates.
Note sure which web creation tool to use? Word Press is more dynamic, sophisticated and offers more advanced tools than Google Sites. Recommended use for Google sites is more static and simplistic content without need to add a lot of up to date customization. However, Google sites is easier to get started with and integrates google drive content in the design.
Experienced Web authors
- Lehigh's "classic" or legacy web server: If you are experienced with HTML coding, FTP access is available for 'static' sites at www.lehigh.edu.
Departmental or Special Project web sites
- LTS's Web and Mobile Services Team creates and administers websites with the Drupal Content Management System. To request a consultation go to lehigh.edu/go/jirahelp.
Web Infrastructure Tools and Info
- Go links – a short-naming / forwarding service for any web URL is available to provide easy-to-remember URLs.