In order to access many University computer systems from off campus, you'll need to connect to them over the internet through our VPN (Virtual Private Network). The VPN server acts as a gatekeeper, granting access only to Lehigh users, and requires the use of a specific piece of client software: Cisco's AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, which creates a secure tunnel through the Internet into Lehigh's network.
Follow the installation instructions for your device:
The installation only has to be done once (aside from occasional updates to the software, which are automated). Connections are temporary, and generally need to be re-made each time you reboot your machine. Once you make the connection, you should be able to connect to any Lehigh websites or systems that normally require you to be on-campus to access them, including connecting to LAN storage drive (H:, I:, R:, J:) or other systems based on the Lehigh LAN.
- Android: Install and Configure the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
- COVID-19 and the Lehigh VPN
- Introduction to VPNs
- iOS: Install and Configure the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Set up VPN Start Before Logon (SBL) on Windows
- VPN Access Method Guide
- VPN Troubleshooting FAQ
- Windows, Mac, Linux: Download and Configure the VPN client (Cisco AnyConnect)