- LTS Computing Consultants provide assistance and consultation for purchasing computers, tablets, phones, and associated information technologies on request.
- The Purchasing Department may require at least email approval of computer purchases from your department's assigned Computing Consultant.
- The University's relationship with major vendors (Apple, Dell, Lenovo) allows for discounts on purchases and accelerated delivery of pre-configured standard options.
- LTS offers on-site, in-warranty repairs for those major brands by vendor-certified technicians.
- The LTS Purchasing Pages detail the process of purchasing systems for departmental or personal ownership.
- Classroom Technology including computers, projectors, document cameras, wireless microphones, and other devices are purchased by the LTS Classroom Support team.
Faculty and Staff: Lehigh Computer Configuration / Management
- Imaging for Windows: After delivery to Lehigh, most Windows-based faculty and staff computers' storage systems are cleared, and re-loaded with a standardized, pre-configured set of software tailored for use at Lehigh.
- This process is handled by Computing Consultants using a tool called the 'Universal Imaging Utility' (UIU).
- The process enables the use of Lehigh Computing Accounts for logging into the systems (via Active Directory), ensures that Lehigh software licenses are in use, and protects University data by encrypting the systems' internal hard drives to protect against data privacy breaches.
- Jamf for macOS: LTS uses a cloud-based management system that enforces the LTS password requirements, escrows the FileVault hard drive encryption keys and collects basic data on application usage.
Disposal, recycling, e-waste
- Read procedures for disposing of personally owned devices and Lehigh-owned devices.
- Sustainability Office E-waste program description and small device dropoff locations.
- Roll-Down program - LTS purchases new computers for the library, classroom and lecture halls on a regular basis (usually every 3 or 4 years) and the old ones are available to offices and departments for use on campus.
Phone Purchasing Plans