Dropbox "Team Folders" are a feature that allows shared files to be "owned" by the University, and persist beyond the tenure of any one user. They differ from individually "Shared Folders" in that they're intended for standing or permanent operations of the University that require either a large segment of Lehigh users to access, or for which access rights and file retention should be managed institutionally, based on roles, rather than one user at a time by a single particular user.
A Team Folder works nearly identically to a regular Dropbox folder, except that it is created by LTS, and rules for access are specified by the system administrator. Access management may be delegated to individual users or groups depending on the specified use case. Refer to Lehigh documentation for tips on sharing folders or files, as well as the Dropbox help section on Team Folders.
When submitting the form, be sure to include:
- The ‘owner’ of the folder (which may be you or another team member)
- A description of the intended purpose of the Team Folder
- The categories of people who will need access to the folder
- A name for the folder
- The types of information that will be stored in the folder
- The names or user names of people who will need full or limited access to the folder and all subfolders