Please note: You will need to have a camera and microphone on your machine to record a video.
- To make your first recording, you should go to the https://lehighonline.hosted.panopto.com/ and log in with your Lehigh credentials. Download the Panopto recorder.
- You can then either open the recorder separately OR click on the create button in the Panopto website and select "Record a new session".
- The Panopto recorder will then open.
3. Verify that you are in the correct folder.
- The folder drop down will include any courses for which you are granted access.
4. Name your video or lecture.
- The Session is the name of the recording, i.e., Lecture 1. The session name is required and will default to the day, date, and time. You can change this later if needed.
5. Make sure you have the appropriate video and audio source picked.
- The primary source is typically the presenter of the video (you) and will appear in the upper left. If you would like to simply record your computer screen(s) without an image of you, change your primary source video to none. Make sure your audio is still being captured, so you can record a voice over if desired.
- If you would like to record ONLY your powerpoint with an image of you or any other computer displays such as your desktop, set your primary source video to your camera, change both secondary sources to none, and make sure capture (or record) powerpoint is checked. When you launch your powerpoint in slide show mode- Panopto will begin the recording eliminating the need to edit or trim the sections of the video.
- If you would like to record ONLY your powerpoint without an image of you or any other computer displays such as your desktop, change your primary source video to none, change both secondary sources to none, and make sure capture (or record) powerpoint is checked. When you launch your powerpoint in slide show mode- Panopto will begin the recording eliminating the need to edit or trim the sections of the video.
- If you select both two secondary (subject matter) video sources, you can allow your presentation as well as your desktop (or other possible displays sources) to be recorded.
6. Once you have the settings as you want them, click the Start Recording button.
Recording with Panopto for Windows: https://howtovideos.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=3912c258-9119-4235-b615-308f61aabbf8
Recording with Panopto for Mac: https://howtovideos.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=75e4740c-b80c-4070-9e57-0380515fb014
Edit your Video
Share your Video
Please be advised that you should review WHO HAS ACCESS to the link you are trying to share.
Helpful Information about sharing folders and giving others access rights:
To share video, keep Panopto browser window open - https://lehighonline.hosted.panopto.com/
You can now share a link to your new video as needed.
- Hover your mouse over the video you wish to share.
- Click on Share.
- Copy the link listed. (COPY -highlight link & CTRL C)