The Oculus Go is all-in-one VR headset. Unlike the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive, it does not require a high powered computer to run. The system is self-contained and can also utilize a hand controller. In order to install apps, you must create an Oculus account and "connect" to the headset via an app on your mobile device.
Advantages of using a mobile VR headset:
- Can be used anywhere/in any classroom; not limited to lab availability.
- Provides a more intuitive and accessible VR user experience over phone-based Cardboard viewers.
- More flexible environment for installing applications at will.
- Ideal for viewing 360 images and video
Oculus Go library of VR experiences (note that while experiences are free, some do require in-account purchase): https://www.oculus.com/experiences/go/?locale=en_US
An Oculus Go headset can be checked out for use through the Digital Media Studio.
To perform a factory reset using the headset:
- Turn off your Oculus Go.
- Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
- Login to the Oculus app with the account you'd like to connect to your Oculus Go headset and set your device up from scratch.
To learn more about how the Oculus Go can be used in the classroom, please contact your IT Consultant.