To connect to your local Lehigh windows shares (H Drive) from linux follow these steps. You'll be mounting the windows share as a disk using the mount command.
You'll need to be root to mount the shared spaces. The examples below show the use of sudo.
1) Map your H: drive ( home directory )
Replace "abc218" with your actual username in the example below to mount your H: drive ( home directory ).
2) For Faculty/Staff, the common space can be mounted with the following commands.
In this example, replace "abc218" with your actual username, and the "dept" with your actual common department space (eg. a-s/chemistry if you are in the chemistry department)
- For recent releases of linux (kernel > 4.11), you may not need to specify a SMB version (vers=2.0) in the options as shown above.
- It will prompt your for your password on the mount command.
- Your linux distro may need to install keyutils, cifs-utils, smbclient