LTS ENG Quick Reference Sheet 20210608 dbp0 . . . . . . . . . go.lehigh.edu/ltseng
Primary Departmental relationships for Computing Consultants:
- Brad Price, Manager and Sr. Computing Consultant,
Materials Science, Industrial and Systems (ISE), Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering
- Naazer Ashraf, Senior Computing Consultant,
Mechanical Eng, ME CAD labs, Dean’s Office, Civil and Environmental
- David Morrisette, System Administrator,
Electrical and Computer Eng, Computer Science
- Jason Stanford, Sr. Computing Consultant,
Instructional Technology Consulting
- Stephen Sakasitz, Senior Instructional Technologist
- Phillip Hewitt, Engineering Librarian
- www.lehigh.edu/help - Best way to submit help requests because we all see all tickets.
For immediate assistance call 758-HELP (4357)
- http://lts.lehigh.edu/services - search LTS documentation pages
- www.lehigh.edu/google - Lehigh Google Suite for Education. Lehigh has standardized on Google Calendar, Gmail and Docs as a primary shared workspace for collaboration. “Non-limited” capacity.
- MS Office 365 - https://confluence.cc.lehigh.edu/display/LKB/Office+365 (opt-in, need to request account)
- Download Office on up to 5 personally-owned computers and 5 mobile devices
- Do not download for Lehigh-owned Windows PCs, which get Office via standard image (especially important for shared PCs)
- 1TB of Lehigh OneDrive storage
- http://software.lehigh.edu (LUIS) - look here for information on software available through LTS
- Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps. LTS coordinates Named User License volume purchasing (annual $150 cost). Free to students in designated courses. Submit a ticket to request.
- Computer Purchasing information is available at https://confluence.cc.lehigh.edu/display/LKB/Computer+Purchasing+Overview
LTS recommends Dell, Lenovo, HP and Apple, and offers onsite repair for those brands
Contact your Computing Consultant when planning to order a new computer.
- Public Site Computer Labs (600+ PCs at sites throughout campus)
- Windows 10-64bit Enterprise. Current list of software can be found under Public Sites at software.lehigh.edu
- Installing additional software requires administrative access. Faculty can grant themselves permission via software.lehigh.edu.
- When the computer powers on, you will briefly have the option to completely restore the computer. Use caution when choosing this option as it will remove any software that was installed after the base image.
- Mac computers are located in the Digital Media Studio, Wilbur Powerhouse, Building C and a few other sites.
- LUApps virtual application environment - https://go.lehigh.edu/luapps, requires Citrix Workspace client.
Documentation LUApps (Citrix) Virtual Software Documentation
Similar software as LTS public site PC labs. Requires VPN from off-campus.
- VPN - http://vpn.lehigh.edu, uses the Cisco AnyConnect client.
Some campus resources are blocked from off-campus access unless you first launch the VPN (virtual private network.) Documentation http://lts.lehigh.edu/services/vpn
- Reserved hostnames: Faculty and staff may request a reserved hostname (e.g. abc123.mat.lehigh.edu) for any device connected to a department network via LAN cable (but not via wireless.) All devices must use DHCP, so IP addresses are subject to change. Limited to on-campus use, unless special circumstance warrants a firewall exception (requests are scrutinized regularly.)
- File Storage and Sharing
- Lehigh Google Apps (Google Drive) www.lehigh.edu/google
- LAN drives (H: and I:) Automatic access for Windows PCs in Active Directory, and Public Site PCs. 5GB personal limit on H: drive. I: drive is shared space within your Department. Instructions on how to manually map drives are available on the File Storage and Sharing help pages at https://confluence.cc.lehigh.edu/x/Axc_BQ
- R-drive - https://confluence.cc.lehigh.edu/display/LKB/Ceph+%28R%3A+Drive%29+--+High-Capacity+LAN+Storage 1TB personal space, not sharable, best for HPC
- Lehigh OneDrive (MS Office 365) - 1TB storage (opt-in, must request account)
- Lehigh Filesender - http://filesender.lehigh.edu Can be used to share files with both Lehigh and non-Lehigh people. 14-day time limit for “pick-up” of files. Limited to 2GB files.
- Lehigh Dropbox for Business (opt-in, all faculty staff students) https://confluence.cc.lehigh.edu/display/LKB/Dropbox%3A++Lehigh+Dropbox+for+Business Similar to consumer Dropbox
- Full Disk Encryption (FDE) - recommended for all computers, protects sensitive data from loss/theft
- Bitlocker for Windows PCs in Active Directory (automatic)
- FileVault2 for macOS (automatic for managed Macs in Jamf MDM)
- CrashPlan ProE (opt-in, annual $ cost.) Lehigh coordinated service for backing up desktop and laptop computers. For more information see https://confluence.cc.lehigh.edu/display/LKB/Code42+-+CrashPlan