How to share a file with a link from dropbox.com
This is how you can allow others to view a file in your dropbox. They are not required to have a dropbox account to view the file you share with them. See these instructions if you would like someone to collaborate on file with you.
1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
2. Click All files in the left sidebar.
3. Navigate to the file or folder you'd like to share, hover over and click Share icon (person).
4. If a link hasn't been created, click Create. OR If a link was already created, click Copy link.
5. The link will be copied to your clipboard. You can then paste it to an email, message, or add to a course site resources such as a URL.
Additional Instructions on how to share a file from Dropbox
How to change download permissions for that link
To disable downloads for a shared link on dropbox.com:
- Hover over the name of the file or folder you'd like to share and click the Share icon (person).
- If a link hasn't been created, click Create.
- Click Settings.
- Click Link for viewing depending on which link you’d like to disable downloads for.
- Next to Disable downloads, click to toggle it On.
- Click Save.
Additional Permissions Controls from Dropbox