Google Chrome is one of the popular browsers in use at Lehigh. Mozilla Firefox and Safari are also common, and these browsers usually have equivalent features and commands.
New versions of Chrome are rolled out regularly and features change rapidly. If you don't find the answer to your question below, try searching Google's Chrome help pages.
How do I go into full-screen mode in Chrome – or, how can I remove the menu bars when in Chrome?
You can toggle full-screen mode on and off using the F11 key on your keyboard. Some laptops may require you to use the Function key and F11.
My browser is downloading pdf files rather than opening them in the browser. How can I fix this?
You can normally open PDFs automatically in Chrome by clicking on the file you want to see. If your PDFs are downloading instead of opening automatically in Chrome, Chrome PDF viewer could be turned off.
Open PDFs in Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Near the bottom, click PDF documents.
- Turn off Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.
Chrome will now open PDFs automatically when you click them.