Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) is available for all Lehigh students, faculty and staff to use. Gmail and Google Calendar are just the beginning -- Many more apps and systems are available with your Lehigh login. Please be sure to use the Google Chrome Browser for best results using Google tools! Many of the core tools also have mobile apps that provide a nicer interface on a phone than the desktop ones do.
See this guide for more google resources – Google for Higher Education Resources
Teach From Home: In a response to the Pandemic, Google has created g.co/teachfromhome. It’s a new hub of information and tools for teachers.
COVID-19 Resource Page: Check out the g.co/edu/covid19 page, Google will continue to provide a place for more advanced training materials, blog posts, videos, and other resources to engage students through distance learning.
Hangouts Meet Features: Google announced new educator control features coming to Hangouts Meet to curb potential misuse.
Google's Documentation on Core G-Suite Tools:
- Gmail -- Industry-standard web-based email.
- Google Calendar -- full-featured, Lehigh-tailored, electronic calendaring with reminders, etc.
- Google Drive -- Cloud-Based File Storage with Integrated Office Productivity software and available desktop Synchronization Tools.
- Google Forms -- Webforms for collecting data into Google Sheets
- Google Chat -- Instant Messaging. Useful for quick messages back and forth vs phone call.
- Google Sites -- Create easy-to-edit basic websites
- Google Meet -- Google's answer to Zoom -- an interactive, web-based meeting tool.
Using Multiple Google Accounts
Support from Google:
- Google Calendar.
- Google Meet
- Google Drive - an Introduction
- Google for Education
- Lehigh G Suite: Best practices for data security
Additional, Specialized Google Tools for Teaching:
- Google Assignments -- use Google Files with Course Site
- Education Workbench on Google -- create standardized, shared lessons.
- Google Scholar -- access Lehigh's Library information by updating your scholar search.
- Google Tour Creator -- build immersive, 360° tours right from your computer, and view them on mobile devices with Google Expeditions. For inspiration – see this library of Tours: https://poly.google.com/tours
- Google Earth Creation Tools and support site for Google Earth https://support.google.com/earth/?hl=en#topic=7364880
- Google Drawings -- handy quick tool for drawing -- lab layouts, diagrams, etc.
- Google Canvas -- Chrome plugin for paint-style drawing application.
- Google Jam Board -- Interactive, collaborative whiteboard app, with a native Tablet App.
- YouTube - You and your students can share or review videos. If you share a video inserted in slides – there are no ads, or you can use "Viewpure" to avoid ads.