Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing and recording tool. Zoom combines video conferencing, online meetings, and mobile collaboration into one platform.
Lehigh's instance of Zoom can be accessed in this way:
2. IMPORTANT: Click the "Sign In" link in the top right of the screen.
Do not click the "sign up free" option since this is not the Lehigh Enterprise version and will not provide you with important benefits of Lehigh's license.
3. Log into Lehigh's SSO page using your regular Lehigh credentials.
By default, everyone who logs into https://lehigh.zoom.us is provisioned for a 'Pro' account (faculty, staff, and students). Note: Faculty and staff will have the option to save recordings to the cloud as well as the ability to save recordings locally. Students will only have the ability to save recordings locally. If you are a student is engaged in research or a project where you need cloud recordings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join a scheduled meeting as a participant:
- Click the URL that is in the description section of your calendar event or calendar reminder*, OR
- Copy the URL from the email invitation and paste it into your browser's address bar*,
- OR Start the meeting from your Zoom client directly. Click 'Join a Meeting' and then enter your scheduled meeting ID to start the meeting (The meeting ID is the 9-digit number at the end of the URL.)
- If you join a meeting by clicking a URL, you are not prompted to log into the meeting with your Lehigh credentials. If you are not logged in, you will NOT be able to host the meeting but rather are joining as an anonymous participant without a Zoom account.
To start a scheduled meeting as a host:
- Log into your Zoom account via https://lehigh.zoom.us, find the scheduled meeting by going to "Meetings" and look on the "Upcoming Meetings" tab. Click 'Start.'
You can also choose to click the URL from your calendar event or copy and paste it into your browser's address bar. Be sure you are using the host link and not the invite link in order to have full functionality as a meeting host.
To schedule and host a meeting from Course Site:
You can schedule a meeting for your class from Course Site. Click here for more information.
Schedule and host a meeting from Zoom:
- Log into your Zoom account via https://lehigh.zoom.us, find the "Personal Meeting ID", copy and paste the URL into your browser, and share the Meeting ID with participants to host an impromptu meeting. Your personal meeting id may be re-used and is not time dependant.
- Log into your Zoom account via https://lehigh.zoom.us, find the scheduled meeting by going to "Meetings" and click on "Schedule a New Meeting" button. Complete form as required and save. Add to your calendar and copy the invitation. Send email invitation to participants. When ready for host your meeting, log into Zoom app.
For more information on "How Do I Start Or Join A Scheduled Meeting As The Host?" https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362423-
PLEASE NOTE: When joining the meeting as a host, be sure you are using the Zoom App and NOT the invite link in order to have full functionality as a meeting host.