Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing and recording tool. Zoom combines video conferencing, online meetings, and mobile collaboration into one platform.
Best Practice is for Faculty to Add a ZOOM link from Course Site. Install the Zoom App one time on device. When ready for host your meeting, click Zoom course link and log into Zoom app.
By default, everyone who logs into https://lehigh.zoom.us is provisioned for a zoom account (faculty, staff, and students). Note: Faculty and staff will have the option to save recordings to the cloud as well as the ability to save recordings locally. Students will only have the ability to save recordings locally. If you are a student is engaged in research or a project where you need cloud recordings, please contact email@example.com.
To schedule and host a meeting from Course Site:
You can schedule a meeting for your class from Course Site.
Schedule and host a meeting from Lehigh.Zoom.US:
- Log into your Zoom account via https://lehigh.zoom.us
- Find your "Personal Meeting Room"
- Copy and paste the URL
- Add copied URL as a "Resource item" to your Course Site
Your personal meeting id may be re-used and is not time dependent, but others who have this link can also join at anytime unless you lock the meeting (option found during a meeting in participants panel) or add a waiting list. Ideal use case is for a virtual public meeting space.
- Log into your Zoom account via https://lehigh.zoom.us, find the scheduled meeting by going to "Meetings" and click on "Schedule a New Meeting" button. Complete form as required and save. Add to your calendar and copy the invitation. Send email invitation to participants. When ready for host your meeting, log into Zoom app.
For more information on "How Do I Start Or Join A Scheduled Meeting As The Host?" https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362423-
Best Practices for Zoom Presenters/Hosts
PLEASE NOTE: When joining the meeting as a host, be sure you are using the Zoom App and NOT the invite link in order to have full functionality as a meeting host.
To join a scheduled meeting as a participant:
- Click the URL that is in the description section of your calendar event or calendar reminder*, OR
- Copy the URL from the email invitation and paste it into your browser's address bar*,
- OR Start the meeting from your Zoom client directly. Click 'Join a Meeting' and then enter your scheduled meeting ID to start the meeting (The meeting ID is the 9-digit number at the end of the URL.)
Best Practices for Zoom Meeting Attendees
If prompted, follow the directions to install the Zoom App:
Log in with your Lehigh SSO credentials
Add "Lehigh" zoom.us when prompted
If you join a meeting by clicking a URL, you may not be prompted to log into the meeting with your Lehigh credentials. If you are not logged in, you will NOT be able to host the meeting but rather are joining as an anonymous participant without a Zoom account.
To start a scheduled meeting as a host:
- Log into your Zoom account via https://lehigh.zoom.us, find the scheduled meeting by going to "Meetings" and look on the "Upcoming Meetings" tab. Click 'Start.'
You can also choose to click the URL from your calendar event or copy and paste it into your browser's address bar. Be sure you are using the host link and not the invite link in order to have full functionality as a meeting host.