COVID 19 Update: Please refer to the practices and links provided in our guide "Academic Continuity: Making a Rapid Transition to Online Teaching"
The information below may be dated and does not capture current recommended approaches.
Request your Course Site and make it available to students:
Just starting a course or want to revise?
Import content from prior courses, if needed
- Copy Course Material from One Course Site To Another
- Existing Panopto video must be moved to the most current version of the course you're teaching.
- Moving Panopto Videos from One Course Folder to Another
- Turnitin and Perusall assignments should not be copied. Please recreate these assignments.
Will you use Zoom for conferencing?
Do you need to create video modules?
- Using Panopto for the First Time in Course Site
- DIY Video Recording Studio & Lightboard Studio @ EWFM
Will your students be doing research or make use of library resources?
- Subject librarians can help identify library resources relevant to your course and support your students with their research.
Library Research & Resources
Does your course include feature films, documentaries or video clips?
- Work with your subject librarian to determine Fair Use or purchase streaming rights.
- Library Guide to Streaming Video
Will your students need to use Lehigh-licensed software applications?
- LTS provides remote access to many Lehigh-licensed software applications using 'LUApps.'
Help Setting up your Gradebook?
Do you have online exams that require proctoring?
- COVID-19 Update: President Simon and Provost Farrell and said that students are not to be charged for onnline proctoring services like Proctor U. (In the past we had used ProctorU for a few online summer courses.
- Instead, faculty are advised to follow these Academic Integrity for Course Site Quizzes
Be sure to:
- Post an updated syllabus
- Provide instructional and technical support contact information (list your IT consultant and the helpdesk)
- Send your students a ‘Welcome’ email. You can either (1) use the Quickmail block to send an email or (2) post to the ‘Announcements’ forum at the top of your course site page, which will also send an email to all registered students.