Lehigh offers Faculty, Staff and Students a large number of file storage options (enough to be confusing). The documents linked below give details about all of the options.
Computer File Storage Options:
- Slide Presentation.
- Local File Storage Options -- built-in or add-on storage feature comparison chart for computers
- Lehigh LAN (Network) Storage Options Table (LTS-recommended storage areas for Lehigh work)
- Personal Storage Overview (H Drive)
- Departmental Network Storage (I Drive)
- Administrative Data Storage -- Users with access to administrative tools Banner have access to the J-drive
- Instructions: Manually connect your J-drive
- CEPH (R-Drive) – Large-Scale Network File Storage at Lehigh - FAQ
- Cloud Storage Options Table (Lehigh-contracted providers allow for "unlimited" storage, sharing for larger files, wider distribution)
- Lehigh Desktop Backup - Code42 CrashPlan
Again, be aware that all data storage (computer file storage) at Lehigh is governed by:
in order to protect the privacy of all Lehigh users. Many systems are not backed up by default, and additional configuration and / or service provision may be needed to keep information protected. General guidelines on this topic are presented at LTS Seminars, and the slides for this one are available.
Other Services and Info:
- File Sender - A secure, local, "dropbox-like" service to send files up to 2GB without using mail. Files sent via this service are automatically purged after 14 days.
- Gooclean: "Lehigh Google file shares pending deletion Inbox"
- Cloud File Storage Options
- Computer File Storage Considerations
- Desktop File Backup Options
- LAN Storage Options Chart
- Local File Storage Options (Not Recommended)
- Research Data: Recommended Tools