Lehigh offers Faculty, Staff and Students a large number of file storage options (enough to be confusing). The documents linked below give details about all of the options.
Computer File Storage Options:
Built-in or add-on storage feature comparison chart for computers
Lehigh LAN (Network) Storage Options
LTS-recommended storage areas for Lehigh work
Lehigh-contracted providers allow for sharing for larger amounts of files, wider distribution. Cloud services are best leveraged by the installation of a client program on your local computer for automatically syncing data with the online storage system.
- Slide Presentation: Where should I put this?
- Lehigh Desktop Backup - Code42 CrashPlan
- Data Management Strategies
- LTS Seminars
Again, be aware that all data storage (computer file storage) at Lehigh is governed by:
- the Data Classification Policy,
- the Records Retention Policy, and the
- Cloud Computing Policy
in order to protect the privacy of all Lehigh users. Many systems are not backed up by default, and additional configuration and / or service provision may be needed to keep information protected. General guidelines on this topic are presented at LTS Seminars, and the slides for this one are available.
Other Services and Info:
- File Sender - A secure, local, "dropbox-like" service to send files up to 2GB without using mail. Files sent via this service are automatically purged after 14 days.
- Gooclean: "Lehigh Google file shares pending deletion Inbox"
- Cloud File Storage Options
- Computer File Storage Considerations
- Desktop File Backup Options
- Individual Data Management Strategies
- LAN Storage Options Chart
- Local File Storage Options (Not Recommended)
- Research Data: Recommended Tools
- Windows Sharing: Troubleshoot Unauthenticated Guest Access