Screen sharing with Cisco MX800
The following guide outlines how to share your screen to the Cisco MX800 located in EWFM 625.
- On the Touch 10 panel (white device located to the right of the instructor station PC), tap the Share button. If the touch-screen is black, simply tap it once to wake it (and the MX800 system) up.
- From the options shown, choose either HDMI (sharing your device).
- A Mersive Solstice Pod is connected via the HDMI input - once selected, the Solstice Pod splash screen will appear and you can begin sharing to it as with any other Solstice Pod around campus. See Mersive's documentation for more information on how to share your screen with a Solstice Pod.
Please note: You can share from either your personal laptop or the desktop computer stationed in 625 using the mersive solstice pod.
- When you finished sharing, simply return to the Touch 10 panel and tap Stop sharing to end the share.
Video Calling with Cisco MX800
- On the Touch 10 panel (white device located to the right of the instructor station PC), tap the Call button. If the touch-screen is black, simply tap it once to wake it (and the MX800 system) up.
- Input known SIP address to call another video conferencing room system or individual
You can get a SIP address at the bottom of most video conference session email invites - it resembles an email address.
The format is generally a nine digit number followed @ symbol and domain.
ZOOM SIP FORMAT: email@example.com
In Zoom, You can also use your personal meeting id as well to set up a SIP call followed by @zoomcrc.com
WEBEX SIP FORMAT: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also choose to find recent calls and redial.
Please note: the Directory feature is not fully configured and you cannot make a person to person call.