Public release notes
On Saturday, January 6, 2018, Course Site was upgraded to Moodle version 3.2. Below are some of the updates and new/updated features you can expect to see in addition to continued current functionality.
- Switch role to... feature in a course has moved from course administration to the user menu (typically found at the top right of the screen in the top navigation bar).
- Link to Grades has moved to course navigation to be consistent with other student-facing links (shown below). Previously, the link appeared under course administration.
- Better support for embedded media (audio, video), including ability to embed videos using WYSIWYG text editor and provide meta and accessibility information such as poster, subtitles, caption files, and other attributes.
- Improved accessibility, usability, presentation, and support for charts.
- New Panopto button added to WYSIWYG text editor to provide quick access to Panopto content associated with a provisioned course (please contact your instructional technologist at email@example.com if you want more information about this feature)
- Ability to duplicate pages in Lesson activity
- Allow negative score for rubric and change default grade calculation method
- Ability to override assignment deadline for individual or group
- Allow multiple answers in multi-choice question type
- Improved quiz reporting
Short video tutorials on new features included in the current version of Course Site (AKA Moodle 3.1- upgrading to Moodle 3.2 January, 2018) can be found at: