One of the features of ChemDraw Pro is the ability to search the SciFinder information service with drawn chemical structures and reactions. This does require a SciFinder account. Set one up first if you don't already have it. If you have ChemDraw Pro installed, and your SciFinder credentials ready, follow the procedure below to execute a search:
1. Create your chemical drawing, either a single structure or a reaction.
2. Select 'Select All' under the Edit menu.
3. Click on the Scifinder tool in the toolbar.
4. In the lower left of the 'Search SciFinder' window, click 'Proxy Settings'.
5. In the 'Proxy Settings' window, enter '' in the 'Proxy URL' box, and click 'OK'.
6. Use the radio buttons in the 'Search SciFinder' window to specify the type of search, i.e. substructure / exact structure, or reactant / product, and click OK.
7. If you are logging in from off-campus without using the VPN, you will see an authentication page that looks like this. Enter your Lehigh credentials, and click 'Submit'.
8. At the SciFinder login page, enter your SciFinder credentials. Click 'Continue' to proceed to your answer set.