Please read the 'Best Practices for Zoom Meeting Attendees.' All of the points detailed on this page pertain to presenters as well.
Best Practices for Presenters
As a presenter during a Zoom session, you will likely be sharing content from your computer desktop.
- Consider closing applications that you will not be referring to during your presentation.
- Consider turning off visual and auditory notifications that you have set up on your computer (new incoming email, text messages, weather notifications, etc.) They can be an unexpected distraction during your presentation.
- Open applications, files, websites, etc., that you expect to share with your audience. This reduces the time spent navigating to content you want to share with your audience.
- When ready, click the 'Share Screen' icon at the bottom center of the Zoom window.
- It is preferred to share your entire desktop, in the upper-left corner, as this allows you to easily move from one application to another.
- If you will be sharing video, check the 'Share computer audio' checkbox in the lower-left corner so that the associated audio can be heard by session participants.
- Click 'Share Screen' in the lower-right corner.