Lehigh students, faculty, and staff can enjoy full online access to the the New York Times courtesy of the Lehigh Libraries. Full-text of this publications is available via www.nytimes.com, and through mobile apps.
- ON-CAMPUS: If your are on Lehigh's network, you can get full online access simply by navigating directly to www.nytimes.com.
- OFF-CAMPUS (without Academic Pass): If you are off campus and have not activated your Academic Pass, you must first connect to Lehigh's VPN before navigating to www.nytimes.com for full online access.
- FROM ANYWHERE ON ANY DEVICE: If you wish to access the New York Times from anywhere off-campus WITHOUT using the VPN, or via the NYT App, you must first complete a one-time registration to activate your Academic Pass. To activate your pass, follow the instructions below.
1. Go to https://myaccount.nytimes.com/grouppass/access. Click "Create Account" on the welcome page.
2. Create a NYTimes.com account using your Lehigh email address. You must use your Lehigh email address. It is recommended that you create a password different from your regular Lehigh account password as the two are not connected.
3. Select your role at Lehigh. If you are a student, you will also be required to enter your graducation year an an alternate email address. Next, click "Sign Up".
4. You will recieve a message letting you know that your Group Pass has been activated. You can now access the nytimes.com using your Group Pass account credentials from any location outside Lehigh's network (including via eligible apps). Your pass is active for 1 year at which time you may renew it.