In order to access most University computer systems from off campus, you'll need to connect to them through our VPN (Virtual Private Network). The VPN server acts as a gatekeeper, granting access only to Lehigh users. The system requires the use of a specific piece of client software: Cisco's AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, which creates a secure tunnel through the Internet into Lehigh's network.
Go to https://lts.lehigh.edu/services/vpn for detailed instructions for your device.
- First, you'll need to download and install the VPN client software onto your device (computer, tablet, phone). Follow the installation instructions for your device:
- Second, in all cases, you'll need to configure that software to connect to vpn.lehigh.edu.
- On starting a connection, the software will ask for your Lehigh username and password, and present an option for "GeneralAccess" or "LibraryResources".
- GeneralAccess routes only network traffic destined for Lehigh through the VPN tunnel. It's more efficient, and should be the default option.
- LibraryResources routes all of your network traffic through the VPN to Lehigh's campus network. This option is needed for connections to some Lehigh Library services that require it, or if you're on an un-secured wireless network, and want to encrypt all of your traffic.
Once you make the connection, you should be able to visit any Lehigh websites and systems that normally require you to be on-campus to access them.