Jira Service Desk requests come into the system from the request form, which asks for a few key items:
- The top-most question asks who the request is for (who needs help):
- You can submit requests for yourself as well as for other Lehigh users.
- You can simply leave the field blank if the request is for yourself.
- Otherwise, begin typing a username or first or last name of the person – Jira's auto lookup feature allows you to find and select users.
- The rest of the fields help LTS select the right person to help. The more information you can enter, the quicker and more accurate LTS can be.
- Not all fields are required. However, tickets won't be able to be created if a required field is left blank!
- A gray box will appear in the bottom-right corner as soon as you begin entering text in the Summary field
- This box provides relevant knowledge base articles that could save you time.
- If no Knowledge Base article looks like it will do the trick, click the "Create" button at the bottom of the screen.